RUC-KCL Double MA in Asian and European Affairs Prospectus for 2017 Entry
About the program
Co-established by School of International Studies, Renmin University of China (SISRUC) and Department of European and International Studies, the Double MA is a two-year program in which students spend the first year studying Asian affairs in SISRUC and the second year studying European affairs in KCL. After completing all the requirements in both universities, the students will be awarded respective degrees in the two world’s most prestigious universities.
RUC-KCL Double MA recruits students from all over the world, fostering a unique multidisciplinary and multinational environment in which diverse backgrounds and experiences enhance rigorous academic study.
As the leading and influential teaching and research base in the fields of political science and international studies in China and Britain, SISRUC and KCL offer you the opportunities to gain in-depth knowledge of the politics, economics, societies of Asia and Europe in the two years. While living and studying in the two of the world’s most dynamic cities (Beijing and London) and the vibrant academic communities, young scholars worldwide can work together for new experience, knowledge and insights, thus forming a better understanding of Asia and Europe.
- For students from mainland China, please find your application procedures in attachment 1.
- For students holding the identity cards from Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, please register with RUC Graduate School: http://pgs.ruc.edu.cn/articleWeb?article.id=2360&category.id=4 before December 15, 2016 first and then apply online through KCL’s website via http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught-courses/double-masters-in-asian-and-european-affairs-ma.aspx.
- For the international students, please see your application procedures below:
- Apply online via: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught-courses/double-masters-in-asian-and-european-affairs-ma.aspx.
- Once you get the offer from KCL, please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you plan to apply for Chinese Government scholarship, your application deadline is March 25th. Otherwise it is May 30th.
1. Application form (attachment 2)
2. The photocopy of official transcript and diploma
3. Two recommendation letters
4. One ID photo
5. The photocopy of passport
6. Personal statement
- After your application documents are reviewed, a pre-admission letter (scanned copy) will be digitally sent to you within two weeks. This pre-admission letter may serve you as proof of admission for any visa or scholarship applications.
- Official admission letters will be mailed to your post address after June 15th. Among the admission package you will find the admission letter for visa application and on-campus accommodation reservation form. The number of on-campus apartment rooms is limited and cannot meet the demands of all students who want to live on campus. Therefore, international students who intend to live on-campus are advised to book their room as soon as they receive the admission package.
Tuition for the first year at RUC is RMB 60,000. Tuition at RUC is due during registration at the beginning of first year. The tuition for the second year at KCL, please visit http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught-courses/double-masters-in-asian-and-european-affairs-ma.aspx. There are scholarships available at both institutions for students on the Double MA program.
Scholarship available at RUC
1. Chinese Government Scholarship
The Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS) scheme provides full and partial scholarships to international students studying in China. Full scholarship covers tuition, accommodation, living allowance and medical insurance. Partial scholarship covers a part of tuition fees, accommodation, living allowance and medical insurance. For more details and application, please visit csc.edu.cn.
Any students who would like to apply for the CSC scholarship should submit all the application documents to RENMIN before March 25th.
2. Beijing Government Scholarship
The Beijing Government Scholarship (BGS) is established by the Beijing Municipal Government in order to attract and support excellent foreign students to study in Beijing. The scholarship covers full or partial tuition fees, and is directly accounted against your total tuition fees. The Beijing Government Scholarship is applied for year by year and is awarded based on academic performance.
Any students who plan to apply for Beijing Government Scholarship should send the scholarship application form with the other application documents.
3. Program Scholarship
The program scholarship is established by the Double MA program to support selected excellent students in their studies. Up to 50% of each intake can be awarded with a half tuition scholarship. Up to 10% of each intake can be awarded with a full tuition scholarship. These scholarships will be awarded according to the academic performance of the students with no need to apply.
Contact at RUC
Ms. Pan Haiyan (Double MA program coordinator)
Address: Mingde International Building Room 816B, No. 59 Zhongguancun St., Haidian District, Beijing, 100872